Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Back in Time

I have decided to post some poems from each of my collections. The first poem, from my first book The Early Word Gets The Burn, was probably written when I was still a teenager. I'm not sure I still relate, but it is quite an experience to look back. I would not recommend living in the past however.

First Poem

Give it all and no regrets
the love that lives inside
to future believers do not hide
the history of a thousand secrets

read on.

2.The child sits with loaded eyes and heavy dreams
burdened by expectations
looking out the window-
he makes some key observations
hope must relieve the pain his sadness sings
he, at his sixteenth year, must break free
nothing can tear down the determined
but the unsure hide from everything
with a heart of unbreakable steel
his soul is safe
but his future is uncertain
the big sleep or the final curtain?
moaning lizards and screaming spiders
the world is so big
what can this poor child do?

78.
To shut out all exterior din
and listen to the visionary angel within
I create a world-
a mysterious tunnel that echoes
feelings and truth.

I am a search warrant
that shines ending attic of heart
lost souls-lost valuables- lost hopes
tattoo the pulse of memories.

Gather at the wishing well
and listen to the angel within
singing songs silently and slow
O I don’t know what they mean
but I sure do love those pretty tones

I drink rains drops collected in grails.

No comments: