Friday, February 8, 2008

coleco(re)vision



Hey, what do you know, the third revision based on the poem (and yes I'll continue to put quotation marks around my own poems!!!) "Origin." Well isn't that something? ...yes, yes it is, Church Lady.


Origin (revision 3)

I don't regret the sidewalks
or your face
or that girl over there in red
and dress and dragged
knees.

I don't regret the junkyards and the sleep
and the mud. I remember
my dreams and
I remember the ocean.

you can recall heaven,
with those stars
and the mirrors and our houses carved of
glass.
but I'm waiting.

tell me something,
fall over, cry, slip and let your
hair down. tell me
that it's love
and ask
me to close the window.

1 comment:

Tulsa McLean said...

This revision is my favorite. I feel like you have brought a new kinda focus to your poem. Bravo!!