Thursday, February 14, 2008

poetry yo-etry


Hey guys, Happy V-E Day. Let's celebrate our triumph over Germany with some poetry!
Here are two randomly chosen untitled poems along with the first from my next thousand. Hurray for love!



untitled 3352


disharmony misspell again and again,

a girl in the sandy shells,

glasses rimmed tight around her jaws, angry and ugly and true.

a girl with something to prove;

she wanders off into the wilderness and beckons you,

please oh please,

follow me.

but your legs are concrete girders.

you’re a bank; you’re a restaurant; you’re a federal records building

in charge of birth and death certificates.

and the girl is gone.

she screams.

blood in the wild.

what can you do?



untitled 1418

the movies bring violence

,

so that’s stuck in my head.

music

brings serenity

,

and that calms me down

.

literature rips

me

apart

and makes me

laugh.

)

people of

course

only bring

themselves

.

they make me

rejoice and

they make me

curse



untitled 4001


a view of Christoph

Savage

at age 25:

cold as an icicle in May,

he says,

oh yes, I want something.

but

it’s reason he needs.

some sublime

white stucco

crash,

the walls, oh

perfect,

kiss me glamour, I don’t

need

a tiff.


No comments: