Sunday, March 2, 2008

go blow some poems home


Hey, it's been a while (a week!) since I've posted some poems, so shazam, here you go. The first two are a brand new world exclusive, and the last is an old world exclusive. Praise Jesus and praise the old ass kicking Jehovah (but in the Latin alphabet, Jehovah begins with an I).


untitled 4060


some drums for the weekend

where

you met your lover

over the

grove

inside of turtle shells

and

dead pigeon

feathers

some say she is lost

down

riverside

but I want Sundays

to be my

memorial

so bang away on the walls

with silverware

so silver and useless




untitled 4059


print me my name backwards

across a snowy

plain

in Vermont

where

we can bury our mother

from

the weight of her

shoulders

and smoke

and rings of ivy led low

on a white

summer house



untitled 1498

Christopher Savage

I miss the nighttime

when

I was the monster

in

the

dim

.

I preyed on the whole

world

,

but a good one

,

a kind one.

all the people I’d meet

,

all the displaced personalities

and

the hungry loves

;

I didn’t know them any

more

than daylight

.

in the night I was hidden

and

magnificent

.

the moon was my queen

.

the stars

1 comment:

Tulsa McLean said...

down riverside huh? - all too real

4060 is quite a pome!