Friday, April 25, 2008

dictionary 2: repine (mp3)


Here's the second part of the dictionary series. Love and kisses.


Dictionary 2: repine

for all this,

I repine I repine.

for

lost love and crumbled architecture.

you all knew me then,

best,

with feathers loose from

my hair,

and flight in my background.

I repine

I repine.

for all the sloppy ways

I should have saved the world,

but didn’t,

in midnight hours

where

I let the homeless go hungry.

and

when I climbed down from the trees,

as a child,

and put on a clean shirt.

I repine I repine.

let

my soul still be dirtied and happy,

let it still have all the structure

and comfort of

flying

away from a saved world.

forgive me,

if you

must,

but give me these few free hours

left

to

state all the terrible things

I’ve allowed

happen

to all the wonderful

moments and

miracles

.

I repine

I repine.

No comments: