Monday, June 23, 2008

a week of performance

Hey fellows and fellas, starting today, I'll be posting live clips from our show last Saturday at Okay Mountain. First up is Erin Vaughan reading her poem "This one goes out to you, Mr. Copland. You're welcome." The video is a little dark, but hey, I think that adds a certain je ne sais quoi. Also, every performance post will be paired with another post featuring new material, ie. poetry, prose, riverdance. You know, good times, okie dokie.




written version of poem:

This One Goes Out to You, Mr. Copland. You’re Welcome.

My feet are the best feet on the planet!

They have a strange unique smell

that is something like ammonia.

Also, there is a dark place by my ankle

like a cave whose true location changes

according to the flow of the river.

Every day I have strode vigorously

over driveways spik’d by sharpest gravel--

I could catch a baseball with my insoles.

And when I stretch my toes out, the tendons move

like hammers in a piano.

If there was a symphony

to correspond to this, it would sound

like Fanfare for the Common Man.

1 comment: