Thursday, July 24, 2008

death of the girl 3.mp4


Hey, click that link up there, big ol' sweet pie in the sky link that it is, and get whisked away to a death rattle of exuberant fun fun fun. And if you don't believe me, go out tonight, find a dirty ol' creek, take a swig, and taste the gravel on your tongue. It's the same thing, my friend, but don't take my word for it. Ah, before I get swept away in largess. The poem appears below in text format!


death of the girl 3

bang a pot in the kitchen

with spaghetti

and

the flavor

of mushrooms

and a hang dog

look

.

I saw crimson bands

run

race around her face

in

glasses and communion

holy

city of glass

she

eats the rafters of tiny

rooms

East Austin

lovers

the nothing of fingers bark

and

bang

scratch across the alley

remembered

some

arbitrary

sequins

on the lapel in the closet in the house

with green

paint peeling about moonless

veranda

oh

nights to fall in love

are hot oh gosh

my

my mother shrieks

you fetid

blank sheet of toilet

paper in the

trash can

homeless sleeveless

disdain and

hobo

thrift

toss

me on the floor

spend and spill hours

useless

pastel paints

and

function of the

river folk scabbing

their

bike wounds with acrylic

stick

stuck envy pigs

sailing in truck tops

in the eve

see a man come

upon a woman

like

thrifty and dangerous

and cough in her face the effigy of love

she slammed him

on concrete she tore his limbs

she ate

his stomach and

tossed back

the face

of the face

of crows and lamplight

lightbulbs

burst

I enter the room

.

treat callous and disregard

your

phone and

your television screen

No comments: