Friday, July 4, 2008

First Time Yet--Two Additions in One Post

Thanks to Mary Francis and Don, the poem has jumped up two levels in just one sitting! This is amazing; thank you guys! Please bug your friends and have them contribute, too. The goal is to get the poem as long possible, and since you have contributed, you can consider yourself officially part of the project, too!

Here it is:

The equation of water
is always coaxed out of a stone;
a blank bell ringing
in the middle of the day.

The river
she sings
the song of the
red scent of
crying
the daylight descends on the
dying
never to drink from the fountain
again.

Thirst wants what the stone needs
But the face lies in pools of greed.
A King upon the throne of the new liberal media
Seeks to set a new standard
of violence.
Pools of bullets smile at the snug rain.
America comes at last,
To the big table.

Running water rings
resonates
it is time

Running water
The running water we run to
We seek our thirsts at last

And our thirsts subtract the rain
And our marbles are equal to or
lesser than the ocean

And our music
disintegrates
into sand

Over our heads
we
scream

for water
and it drips

and the smallest of us
huddle on
limestone singing

There are two sorts of magic
One sending
The other receiving
You taught me this
You taught me that love is a tide
Back and forth and back again
You are my Moon
I am your sea
Throwing your light back
Made into a million lights
By your sending
By your receiving
By my sending
By my receiving
We are the Heart of the Universe
Back and forth and back again

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They say water seeks
its
own
level
Your eyes are dark pools
In the light
I hold my breath and dive
Down, down
Into the dark liquid
Fire of creation
The stone Madonna
weeps for me.