Monday, August 18, 2008

here's to old poems from old notebooks


Hey guys, I was going through some old notebooks to look at old drawings of mine after visiting a show on the artist Sol Lewitt at the Austin Museum of Art. In my stumblings, I came across this old poem I wrote some years ago and thought I'd share it with all of you. Here's to the past and all the wonder it contains. And also, I hope all of you out there are having loving days, great days, and if not, well I hope they get better. Enjoy.


you can't escape it,
I can't escape
it,
we're both in love
with the
world.

no smoke burnt from
the bark of the
ginger tree for
us to inhale.
razor wire,
flush open windows,
we can't fight
sunlight.

--

someone heard gunshots,
I think it
was my friend Jarod,
but that doesn't make
any sense.
wage a war,
find love,
the sun shines on all the wounded.

No comments: