Thursday, September 11, 2008

late night poetry corner...


...or if you're reading this tomorrow morning: Early morning poetry circle. Hey, I just wrote this piece, and in keeping with the literary side of this fine old blog, I figured I'd post it and show big bad video what the media of writing can do. Dig!

untitled 4641

I am the sleepy

highway

patrolman

my gun holster

is

lonely

when I drive at night

the stars open

for me

lovers I caught

and shooshed away

from back woods burnt out car

carcasses

I have little friends

and a racing stripe upon

my car

the coffee cup

and the radar gun

of

a miracle

life

I saw a killer once

take his wife

by the back of her blonde hair

and sugar her

teeth across the reeds of his

lips

I saw a thief take

his shoes and toss them into

a flaming barrel

my wife

lives miles away

across black lanes of tar and fetid lines

of mark starting and

stopping



...and hey, just because I love all you guys, here's another poem free of charge.

untitled 4642

collected raindrops

in jar

containers

will resonate after two

weeks

of a grand explosion

says a tom cat

faced

miscreant

into a tin can tied

with string

and across the way in night

and

heat

a little girl giggles

and

imagines a mushroom cloud

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi
hello
how was your day?
i liked your blog
you are fantastic!!!

really nice blog
fabulous fantastic
bye
take care
see you