Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I can't wait


Hey guys, getting excited about our next reading!!??!! The Night of the Boho Coco 3: The Strangers!?!?!?! I know Jeff is, I know I am, I know Erin is. Well, the last week of guests has been great, and reading some of what they've offered has given me the spirit. Here's a poem I'm writing just now for you, humble readers. By the way, if you come by the reading, we'll sign a copy of the second issue of Boho Coco for the small fee of $10,000. Wink!



Ella Estwall


of my love

three

things I took upon

a train


and dashed our

hope with

charm:


1.

her foster parents' picture

gilded in silver

frames and folded merely

once

to convey displeasure;


2.

a simple ring of
lavender she once wore upon her head

on holiday

during

the farthest parts of dawn;


3.

her false eye

that had become tormentor

and

spy of

my heart.




I tossed them from an open

window

and

away away

like

smoke erupting from

the engine; I cried.

No comments: