Sunday, December 14, 2008

one more untitled(s) for the road


And hey guys, a week of poems is nice, but come back tomorrow for a fun announcement. Hope you all had an awesome week of poetic whimsy! And and and, the poems I've selected for you on this fine evening span the range of my last eight hundred untitleds. Whoah! Dig!


untitled 4042


for an epic song of none
willing

suspend the motion
of time
inside
a copper bowl

and tin
fork and lead
spoon

my

mother sang

she sang
the song that composed the whole
world

as I rattled and batted
fly paper
in a highchair



untitled 4123


black feathers fall
onto the lane

just

ditches of endless turkey
bones tossed
from caravans

into the crevasse

over when
where
you were little

a thing like nimble
so

slender you
had to tack your
clothes with
tacs

and jump the gulf
just to get
away



untitled 4232


forget the white cords
around her fingers

in the hall of the Aztec gods.
let her
listen to the piano instead.
bake

your hand in a gold oven.

die slowly,
but be well,
and kiss
the crisp lid of the sunrise.



untitled 4342


oh so it is chaos
green in the leaves
of the summer

cheering you

business-like-
sweet

and the concrete sidewalk
once
white

now stamped in secret
phone
numbers belonging
to liaise
faire

kinds and
all

the wind

and might
behind

such statements
to frame
a
concubine



untitled 4459


only a warm up,
mere formality

my good swan,

listen

look to the eves

of the moon
when on a horse comes
riding

some men armed to the hilt
and

I will eat their teeth
and devour
,

oh gladly,

their simple reverie for the bold
and the damned.

simple oh
it
is simple,

give me my good bread
and I will
leave

this town tonight and on the twilight
I will
strike the church bell
with my
copper
hammer as I go



untitled 4585


rain is of a body
in the
lake

dead for three years
a
girl

bobbi jo jo

she
is blonde once
lovely

again to age
and drip

rain is of the body
in
the lake



untitled 4689


Cane had a life
in
flower boxes

and ate
his children
for
dinner

one evening;

Martha
told him to color
the sky
new

but she couldn’t tell lavender
from

burgundy and
drove
over a bed of flowers;

they made love
madly.



untitled 4773


I deserve the buffalo
gun
and
the top
hat

dance
me
magic oh
invalids

stuck out on street corners
and
eating
from

dirty bowls of ragweed

are
are

the beginning

get out of the car
and

show me your palms



untitled 4820


cleanse your
soul

it is commanded

that as a child
you

will be brave
and

wear torn shirt
sleeves

around your shins

and
grin in the grain;

cleanse your
mind

this is
the ice age

No comments: