Monday, March 30, 2009

2001 2 6 and 2001 2 7

Hey, here's two more of my poems that pay homage to the amazing film 2001: A Space Odyssey. The screen captures are from 'the light show' scene. And...two days left...until...




2001 part 2 6


the great ocean of time
rests in
the midst of my
being

and I drift through the absence
of space

upon returning to my future
and my children
I chanted
the best of us will
be stardust

creeping into cosmic
wells
of time
and space

and you will know that it is
blue blue

when I raise my hand upon your spine
and hiss the one
word
of god that you shall
know as
law and name
and
truth

my dove
my

space metal
wife




2001 part 2 7


heavens I saw
a nuclear
explosion
end our lifetime

and in the wrappings of dust
billowing about
the face
of the planet

I heard the cry of starburst novas
in the past

reaching us too late
and knowing

oh knowing

it is ever a frost on the tip
of a window
that descends into
the valley
of the infinite

for time is ever present and
we
as such beings that eat radiation
and destroy the
spin of atoms
are ever
present

No comments: