Tuesday, April 14, 2009

500th post!


Hey neon freaks, here is the 500th post for austin new blog. Holy crap, I never thought we'd make it. As per Erin's request, I'm singing hallelujah right now. To celebrate, here's a new series of poems from my heart to yours.



air stream: slip


advantage on the bus goes he
fat
kid eating a chocolate
bar
with a gold wrapper;

he lets it to the wind
and

one thousand cities eat each other alive.

on the bus, we
sink
into the tepid

oh oh

give me a break sings a child
but
the car beside
has the dim cat girl reading a magazine
about
galoshes and she smacks gum



air stream: hip kids


I see the hip kids
wishing they were hobos

an alley fight

some other vagrant happiness
and
a drum fire

we bus through the city
and

an explosion in place
of
glass growing

I imagine my flesh
instead

all through the land
go
faster
go
faster!



air stream: bofo


leave me wheels
kid
no the road

we don’t exist.

gone
daddy
gone
in the blip
towns

we watch little children
parade in pink
and blue down the strip into a government
history museum



air stream: lights


so go down to the creek
I don’t
believe in candy clouds
kids
give it in the back seat we
smoke
a derby
and
horses loose in the pasture
I

want to see the whole world
pass

under glass.

cats and flies
and
milk cartons that dance,
oh

we should slip the ocean when we arrive



air stream: bottles of


give me a drink
I go eighty

marshmallow face
on the old man
in
the diner in the middle of nowhere
I
hit the trailer hitch and the
chicken cages exploded
in

white feather.

someone has to set it right
drive on into
the nether

father you
are
the barrel of gasoline

we all
drink



air stream: balderdash


we crazy types
flinch the quick stream
air foil
on the camper
and

ask a question
of
the doves
spiraling in the desert.

we want women in the small
closets of the old
Amish house,
the burned gas station.

a trail to nowhere is heaven
I am

simple and I
fall in the highway



and...
here's a picture of an orangutan, because I know the real reason you all come to the sight.


BOHO COCO!

2 comments:

Jak Cardini said...

WAY TO GO GUYS! Damn glad to be, even if small, apart. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! perseverance is the mark of insanity....or is it genius?