Sunday, January 20, 2008

iNertia

What is the reason for all this? The unpublished manuscripts that rest uneasy and dusty in a box next to my bed want to know. The songs (to be addressed in future posts) that die every time they leave my mouth and crash against a wall or are trapped on something called a disc demand an answer. So...A list of books from which I will be sharing material:

The Early Word Gets the Burn (poems 1997-2001)
Hip Posturing (2001-2003)
Standing Tall in a Four Foot House (2002-2005)
Bus Poems (Feb.-Apr. 2006)
City Boy Heart Full (Aug. '06-Jan. '07)
My Guitar or My Lady (Feb. '07-unfinished '08)

I Like the Night Life, I Like to Boogie (from City Boy Heart Full)

Austin, TX, a place with guitars on every block
When they ask me for change
I pretend I don’t talk
I wander down 6th street
Searching for a provocative place to meet a woman
For a drink of trouble
And when I find nothing but dolls
And mannequins learning to walk
I shudder and hail a cab
But they don’t stop
I turn to the parking meter for some advice
He tells me to come back tomorrow night
If I’m willing to pay the price
So I stumble on past the Blind Pig

1 comment:

Chris S said...

Dig the poem, cat, real cool man, yeah, like jelly roll, like cool, like bop, baby.