Sunday, January 27, 2008

from STANDING TALL...


My collection titled, Standing Tall in a Four-Foot House, is filled with the strangest verse I have yet produced. It contains two rather long poems, several fragments, dreams, and short abstractions. Here are a couple poems:


A Sailor w/o a Song is like a Pothead w/o a Bong

Summer went all wrong
Fall fell off the wagon
Winter is twelve months a year

You have him
and I have me

I wrap myself in chainsaw clothes
& die in the desert where the sand never blows
I wait for the tide trying to decide
which port I am gonna leave from next

I sit in an old rocking chair and stare
memories come out of my mouth

I shot a man ‘cause
he looked at me funny
I robbed her bank

but left all the money



Confusion in Mouth

Meaning
doesn’t mean a thing
to me
knack yr dag dawn
yr behind the lag
on a chess board bag
enough trivia
games and weddings
I just sleep until morning
dreaming of how to
escape any unpleasantness
at 20 soon to be 21
no more money

honey

No comments: