Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sagittarian Conflict


This is the opening scene from my unfinished, unreadable, and unpublishable novella titled SAGITTARIAN CONFLICT. I wrote the first part in college on an electric typewriter. The second part was written when I moved to Austin.

PART I

(This story begins with Famine, the old man, looking back on his college experiences.)
I was pretty sure the door was locked. Other kids might have taken me for a hobo, but I knew better. I just wanted to use the bathroom. Where did that Nun go? Got a funny look from Elvis. Doctor! Doctor! I’d rather be the Devil than be that woman’s mad dog.
“Can you believe the high prices?” Cobb said.
(no sleep)
(no droughts)
(no complaints)
“Tell me the one with the deceptively simple rhyme scheme.”
“No.”
“Okay, here is the picture of me with a noble grin.”
I may have told her to stop flying kites but I was lying. I would pick up the guitar if my fingers were not bleeding. I threw your entire movie into the nuclear war. How are the geese getting along with the fish? Joe Cocker grabbed the microphone and made me lose my vocabulary. Some nice melodies – infamouse – Infamous.
(look over there, no untouched frogs)
“My days are pretty damn good,” Famine replied.
Now, I will tell the one about the mistress of the Dean. In the back of her car was a rubber. Some hours later my knees regained strength – possible – truly in debt to the flying dutchmen of Kansas City, Kansas. Constant mind warp in the form of sandwhich
Nirvana.
Peal Neal.
Buddha sits under a tree and gains wisdom. I am a passenger in a car. She would love to be making love right now. I guess the pauper wasn’t poor after all. Dame, I should have walked to my girl today.
(shaving)
(saving)
(skiing)
The literary community will have my ass if I don’t behave like the corner drugstore and diner trouble was his middle finger. Po-dunk the rabbit is always making love – caught in the headlines.
The exposition: to be a floating pyramid on New Year’s Day.

No comments: