Thursday, March 20, 2008

In a Dream

My dreams are always so vivid. Last night I dreamed that I was playing gtr with the band White Denim. The gtr player had broken his hand and was applying lubrication to it while Steve, the bass player, was jumping around as the drummer kept counting off new tunes. We were playing in a dive bar with about 10 people in the audience. I think they were hookers and disabled veterans mostly. I dreamed these lyrics:

Closing Time

Gotta get gone - the sun is up
I'm thinking of summer rhyme
Look at the clock my friends
It is closing time

People here are dying on the vine
The weather aint bad - I feel fine
Look at the clock my friends
It is closing time

Closing time!!! (scream)

2 comments:

Michael Hughes said...

You are a goddamn genius.

Chris S said...

This song should exist in the waking world.