Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lenny, smut, and a new poem


I wrote a new poem today inspired by Christopher. I was also thinking of Lenny Bruce for some strange reason. Can words shock anyone anymore? Is that even possible?

5 Short Poems Inspired By Savage’s Reading of Les Murray

Angry Poem
The man in the office with the beard
Is young, educated, and satisfyingly un-weird
After 8 months of unemployment – finally…
He doesn't even make 30,000
After 4 years at the university
His BA = BS
I bet he wishes he had a Master's degree

Dirty Poem
Lubricate yr fingers
Index and middle
Stick them up my
Lubricated butthole
Girl, you’ll be a woman soon

Poet Poem
I read the poets of today
I say
Good for her/him
But who reads ‘em
The guy w/the glass eye
Or the girl pale w/sneer

Paranoia Poem
Big Brother speaks down
-Tell me of your dreams
-When I close my eyes all I can see is black

Positive Poem
I hate thinking negative
Thoughts
Hate is such an ugly word
I dislike
Thinking negative thoughts
But
My positive spirit has been pushed
Off a cliff
By all these awful
People

1 comment:

Chris S said...

Cool, dude. Glad to see that Les Murray has inspired you. I can definitely see the traces. I like your freedom with your anger too.