Friday, May 16, 2008

new poems


Hey fellows, I've posted like a maniac tonight already, but someone inquired about the blog today (yes, this is true; no, you don't have to believe it), and I haven't posted some straight-up poetry in a while, so here goes: my last three untitled poems I've written. Hope you enjoy, pope goo convoy.


untitled 4346


underwater

people believe

in blue

gills

to hold themselves

steady

so steady

we die.

and when we breath life

into

our clay toys

and shake them

as footballs

and kick

oh

goodness

to die in the right moment

is is

is




untitled 4345


I should not write poems

about

glass

and lay atop marble

countertop

while my lover

mourns the loss

of her grandmother

but still

it is a white cord

trussed over

the

barge of the midland

sea

and I am coming home

in the hours

of sharp cut plastic lids and

trash

bags



untitled 4344


strong Casey

left

his heart in the river

and

climbed the tower

so he

could see the women

blowing

around below

pink

scarves

like a letter written

in

ancient languages

only

understood.

oh only

understood

in the many

ways of plummeting.

I saw

him fall across the sky

big

and opaque like

a barreling

tire on fire

1 comment:

Tulsa McLean said...

4344 and 4345 are quite good. You are a blogging machine!