Monday, September 15, 2008

the midpoint of September and what's new with...


It seems as if the month of September has decided to speed on by. Where has the time gone? With this post I want to welcome the new contributors to the blog and express my gratitude to those of you who have submitted work to the lit zine. We have issue #2 in pre-production. It is going to be quite a ride. Get ready Austin! To celebrate the second issue we have a little event planned, but I'll tell you more about that in the coming weeks. Until then, keep reading, posting, watching, writing, listening, and living. Below is a short lil poem I wrote last week. Have fun. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

To The Guy Who Fell Off His Bike Today and Asked Me for Help


The bleeding man
Off his bike
Minutes before
Coming to me
Wants to cover
His elbow
With band aides
And his pride with gauze

No comments: