Thursday, January 29, 2009

a post from the dead


Hey guys, here's another epistolary piece from the cannon.


postcards from a dead ex lover 2


Hey Cindy, writing to you from the most exciting place on earth, land or water. God, the nights here burst and explode, and all I can do is run through them. It reminds me of the time we went on vacation that one summer. Remember? We’d stay up drinking at the bars all night, then crash our way back to the hotel, picking up whatever junk we could find, amassing it in a huge pile in the room, then making love as sleepy as can be. God, what did we ever do with all that trash? I think we tried to make a boat out of it and send it afloat on the ocean. But it sank, didn’t it? And fast, too! Just like us, eh? Sorry, sorry. You know me and my humor. Well, take care of yourself. I’m not sure when the next postcard will come, but hey, let’s let it be a surprise.

Thinking of you,
Cael

No comments: