Tuesday, February 3, 2009

you know those postcards keep coming

Hey guys, here's the latest installment in the epistolary series "postcards from a dead ex lover." Part four, here we come!





postcards from a dead ex lover 4


Cindy, hey hey. You know what? There is such a sense of adventure in the world…I can’t stand it. Barring my last postcard, let me just remind you: everything is bigger than what you’d expect. Life, of course, is wild and snakelike and mythic. It has no true arms or legs; it is unending. …well, that’s my attempt at poetry anyway. I’ve been reading it a lot lately. The place I’m in now, the community, has a healthy regard for the stuff. It never used to mean a thing to me; I can remember you reading those books and smiling, but I didn’t get it then. Well, I’m starting to feel it now. The lotus leaf palm of the dizzy beach, ga ga ga! Poetry! Better living through poesy! Anyway, just thought I’d let you know all that, maybe give you a smile or something. Otherwise, things are pretty good. I really love this place, but I think I’ll be moving on soon enough. You know me! Well, I hope all is well with you too.

Love and poetry,
Cael

No comments: