Tuesday, March 24, 2009

the mill is untitled


Hey guys, here are some more untitled poems celebrating my 5000th one! A week of untitled poetry for you to eat. And go by Ruta Maya on Tuesday for the open mic why don't you?


untitled 4642


collected raindrops
in jar
containers

will resonate after two
weeks
of a grand explosion

says a tom cat
faced
miscreant

into a tin can tied
with string

and across the way in night
and
heat

a little girl giggles
and
imagines a mushroom cloud



untitled 4166


you would know who is young
and womanly
in the evergreen fields
of
the winter

when she brushes oh
so tender
aside your hair
and

takes you in
the flesh
for

all the sins you have
committed
behind the backs
of

old matrons and disgusting
gentlemen



untitled 3827


oh jesus I must have never
loved
the days of my longing

but

but

she asks for one more chance
or I ask
to begin again

or she tells me it’s never over
for
such as us

--

and we live in a nice kingdom,
elegant,
proud and true,
and she sleeps softly
and
I do not speak so loud,
and all blood,
all memory,
flows towards the center of
our bed
as we undress in
candlelight



untitled 3126


if he knew hunger, he hid it well.
the boy in black hair sat in the art gallery.
he did not moan.

when we die, our dignity flies away in ringlets of light.

the boy ruminated about his job.
a hollow existence,
he chirped,
then scolded himself.

a bulldozer awaited outside, wrecking walls, pulverizing concrete.

I am something akin,
he hisses,
and thinks about the life before this one.
I was a child.

the daylight creeps beyond the window pane to touch his shoulder.
he jumps and startles;
he is not aware of the tawdry woman in a black dress stood beside him.



untitled 2816
Christopher Savage

down the slopes.
my
rented flip flim
flop skis

were red for love, darling.
I didn’t care

how crashed and white
I’d become.

velvet earrings waited inside the mountain.
as was a god.

search them out,
have them,

keep them
.

I do not fall in love with meteors that
shatter the Earth.

we can dwindle like candles,
baby;

we eat our
inferno
.

No comments: