Wednesday, March 25, 2009

untitled so so so


Here are some more of my untitled poems to celebrate the arrival of my 5000th one!


untitled 4404


ocean breeze
of
coolness
across my chest

I am twenty
two

again and
in

love and

the sand

and the mist and lost
debris

drifting under starlight



untitled 4133


I remember fondue in your
hair
the apartment girl Candace
removing her
teeth
for the night
sinking
in red cushions on the couch
shouting
about good god damn
the neighbor’s
lights

so bright and pretty
I am the boardwalk
but the beach
and the lost kid
with one shoe
tacked

down above your bed
you have
a map of the world with
Zimbabwe circled in red
like

dust from the lotus

I should have watched you walk
out and
get on the bus and
tear away at the grey sky



untitled 3770


don’t wait til
morning,
the buses run slower,

girls in suede skirts

look taller,

ugly dogs prowl meaner,
and I will
be steadfast asleep
under the
lunar quilt.

--

she is reeds and ponds,
hair
of one thousand angels,

a crick in a neck of a tall
gentleman.

I asked her to please tell me her favorite movie,
but she
just smiled.



untitled 2330 short 2-2


the song of the highway on the edge of
the Blue City
still sings of war and wasteland,

but we can only make it out to be
epic and tragic
and

lost



untitled 524


there was
a street fight
blossoming
in a City garage
,
trucks and cars
buried all
around
,
waiting to be revived
.

“I’ll kill you”
said a man
to
another

and fists became
like
raindrops
.

weapons were brandished
like car keys
and
little people were screaming
in
large voices
;
the skyscraper in the distance would have laughed if it could
.

the City Destroyer
stood near
the
man with the matches
and
together they watched
,
one laughing
while the other
shook his head and
his hands.

No comments: