Thursday, April 2, 2009

another post of poems


Because we all have love in our hearts when we see concrete falling down into an alley and smashing a dumpster.


the happy bird blues 1


I fly and fly and fly –

say, hey, guy –

and smack-a-daisy right
on the window

and down down my tumble
bumble

a stumble I have a great
olfactory
loss in my miserly twenties –

baby


the happy bird blues 2


she had those greystroke feathers
just

lusted in the dust bowl

and as I fell
I shouted –

hey, baby, come to my wing, I have knowledge and I ripple across ponds –

and it was easy to clank
thud the muddy banks
of
some sleeping home in the arch
neighborhood
of

the big reveal


the happy bird blues 3


get me a new town
I don’t
disco like the crazy
babes
in the winsome burbs

I have a sensation towards
cracking
in the spice factory
in
the district at the edge of town

oh say
I am that other thing lying
in tall grass
with

sharp features
and some glass

and –

hey, watch it


the happy bird blues 4


I have one note to sing
and I’ve been singing it over and over
in the market square

lush feathers
and queens
bleating out the ring
spring

pouncing from bookstores and
eating the sidewalk
like garbage
compactors

oh
no wisdom
there up
in the blue
blue

No comments: