Monday, April 20, 2009

what I think of Phoenix 2


Here is another poem I wrote at the beginning of my trip to Phoenix and the Grand Canyon. What can I say about the trip now that I'm back in Austin: the Grand Canyon is profound. Phoenix is sprawly. Mike and Rell have an awesome house. Okay. Here's a poem (look to the end of the week to see what I wrote after the trip was over...).


Phoenix Arizona 2


I have found god
in
the sun; he is a red pueblo,
a house
sans roof,

a thatcher sitting legs apart
on
a purple bus.
in Scarborough we find
our
lost loves and ask them
who

we once were.
they reply

that you were a mountain; an elm with a crook;
an unfinished oak table.

we are the empty houses sat on concrete lots
in
solitude and
wood polish. come,
taste
our bread,

live on our lawns.

No comments: